Strange Oklahoma Laws
- It is illegal to have the hind legs of farm animals in your boots.
- Dogs must have a permit signed by the mayor in order to congregate in groups of three or more on private property.
- It is illegal to wear your boots to bed.
- Fish may not be contained in fishbowls while on a public bus.
- Tissues are not to be found in the back of one's car.
- Oklahoma will not tolerate anyone taking a bite out of another's hamburger.
- No one may spit on a sidewalk.
- Females are forbidden from doing their own hair without being licensed by the state.
- Cars must be tethered outside of public buildings. (Repealed)
- Anyone arrested for soliciting a hooker must have their name and picture shown on television.
- It is against the law to read a comic book while operating a motor vehicle.
- Whaling is illegal.
- Violators can be fined, arrested or jailed for making ugly faces at a dog.
- Tattoos are banned.
- Residents are taxed for the furniture in their homes, and any other personal belongings. (Repealed 1998)
- People who make "ugly faces" at dogs may be fined and/or jailed.
- If you wear New York Jets clothing, you may be put in jail.
- Molesting an automobile is illegal.
- It is unlawful to put any hypnotized person in a display window.
- No one may walk backwards downtown while eating a hamburger.
- Women may not gamble in the nude, in lingerie, or while wearing a towel.
- You may not open a soda bottle without the supervision of a licensed engineer.
- Elephants are not to be taken into the downtown area.
- One's mode of transportation must be tied up while not attended.
- Mules may not drink out of bird baths.
- Clothes may not be washed in bird baths.
- It is illegal to tie a horse in front of city hall.
- While passing another vehicle, you must honk your horn.