Weird Alabama Laws
- It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle.
- Dominoes may not be played on Sunday.
- You may not drive barefooted.
- It is illegal to maim oneself to escape duty.
- It is illegal to impersonate a person of the clergy.
- Women are able to retain all property they owned prior to marriage in the case of divorce. However, this provision does not apply to men.
- Masks may not be worn in public.
- Putting salt on a railraod track may be punishable by death.
- Boogers may not be flicked into the wind.
- Bear wrestling matches are prohibited.
- It is legal to drive the wrong way down a one-way street if you have a lantern attached to the front of your automobile.
- Men may not spit in front of the opposite sex.
- Incestous marriages are legal.
- It is illegal to wear a fake moustache that causes laughter in church.
- You must have windshield wipers on your car.
- You may not have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at any time.
- You may not wear blue jeans down Noble Street.
- It is illegal for a husband to beat his wife with a stick larger in diameter than his thumb.
- It is illegal to sell peanuts in Lee County after sundown on Wednesday.
- It is unlawful to wear women's pumps with sharp, high heels.
- It is unlawful to howl at ladies inside the city limits.
- It is considered an offense to open an umbrella on a street, for fear of it spooking horses. (Repealed)