Weird Mississippi Law
- Vagrancy is punishable by either 30 days in prison or a $201 fine. -Sec. 97-35-37
- Cattle rustling is punishable by hanging.
- Horses are not to be housed within 50 feet of any road.
- The fine for waving a gun in public is higher than actually shooting it.
- Motor vehicles on the square are prohibited.
- It is illegal to drive around the town square more than 100 times in a single session.
- Horn honking is not permitted as it might scare horses.
- One may not spit on the sidewalks on the square.
- It is unlawful to shave in the center of main street.